Build with us on the future of data
Full stack developer
You are (almost) graduated as Bachelor or Master of Science in a technical field and looking for a challenging start to your career. Our company is growing and we are looking for a full-time or part-time developer who wants to broaden his/her skills and experience. You will implement, augment and customize Cohelion’s data platform for new enterprise clients in a team with highly skilled developers.
Who are we?
Since 2002 Cohelion develops solutions to manage and integrate data flows inside large enterprises. We are based in Rotterdam and Valencia. Recently the company is experiencing accelerated growth due to the introduction of the ‘Cohelion Data Platform’, a generic solution for the data needs of many enterprises. At present our team consists of 18 very skilled and motivated, mostly, engineers. The work environment is international, informal, modest, customer oriented and quality driven.
Your Skills and Qualifications
You translate the needs of our clients into a permanently working solution. Innovative, solution-oriented and with pragmatic thinking. You have skills in areas such as developing backend applications, database solutions and modern front-end frameworks. You take pride in your work and are willing to go that extra line of code to provide a brilliant, stable solution, on time.
- an (almost) completed bachelor’s degree, or university of applied science, preferable in ICT or equivalent
- Knowledge or familiar with backend languages such as C# or ColdFusion
- Knowledge or familiar with frontend languages such as Angular and Typescript
- Knowledge or familiar with SQL (SQL server) incl. database and query optimization, code generator, ORM (Dapper)
- Knowledge or familiar with scalable web development
- (Some) experience working in a project oriented environment, being able to switch between several projects, OTAP workflows and build strategies.
You as a person
- Client oriented and proactive
- Solution oriented and happy working in a dynamic environment.
- Analytical thinker
- You are living in Rotterdam or Valencia, or you are willing to travel or relocate.
- Your ability to speak and write fluently in english is a must in our multi-lingual organisation.
- Motivated to give our clients access to the best data available
About remote work
Cohelion is already a full virtual organization, where in post-Covid we strive for at least a 60% office / 40% remote work balance. Naturally this also depends on the candidate and his/hers ability to fullfill the job requirements.
What we offer
- Challenges, both in adapting to varying business requirements, time constraints and technological boundaries. Never a dull moment.
- Freedom to create , we value input, personal growth and knowledge sharing
- Full time employment, long term. Parttime can be discussed.
- A generous salary that values your knowledge, experience and potential
- Good secondary work benefits, ……… common in this line of work
- Profit sharing arrangement
- Cohelion is a flat organization with regular contact with the users and clients of your work
- An informal, motivated work environment
- Excellent courses and training possibilities (paid)
- Flexible working hours
- Daily communal lunch (for those present in the office)
- Regular company trips to new exotic destinations. Sofar we visited CERN, Tsjernobyl and climbing lessons in the French Alps
What is the Cohelion Data Platform
Cohelion has developed a data integration platform for companies with large data sets and many disparate data sources. The platform enables the capture, cleaning, monitoring and forecasting of the business performance of companies and departments by providing clean unified data. With the help of workflows, machine learning and BI, business users merge their operational data into a single source of truth. Our customers include medium sized businesses and large enterprises such as Swissport, WFS, BlackBox and Unilode.
In the last 5-10 years our in-house developed platform has matured into a stable, vendor-independent solution where at present we encounter an acceleration in client signups. Our skilled technical team, your future colleagues, are in charge of the system- and database architecture, application development, (cloud) hosting and support.
Understandably, the platform consist of several moving parts where the teams’ involvement is required. As a teammember you will be developing, testing and troubleshooting in areas such as UX, working and optimizing architectures for the warehouse-, ingestion- and data-supplying DB’s, optimizing the dataflow for ML, data-mapping and data presentation. To name a few.
Our Tech stack
We use: Microsoft (Azure) SQL Server, Microsoft .Net Core, Adobe CF and Microservices, NodeJS, Angular and other JS frameworks, Machine Learning tools, and internally applications with AWS and Kafka. Candidates with knowledge and/or experience in mentioned software have a preference, however our team also follows the pragmatic mantra that “all can be learned”.
In short: you will be part of a driven and loyal team, passionate about crafting intelligent data solutions
Dear recruiters: calls about this position are not appreciated, thank you.